Saturday, January 14, 2012

My friends are cool. AKA Surprise Going Away Party!

I have the best friends in the world, I think. Friday night was just the happiest thing ever. Cause get this...I had a surprise missionary going away party! Cool, huh!

Jesse took me out on a date for some mexican food on Friday. We went to Mama Chus which is a real hole-in-the-wall place so I totally loved it. However Jesse is a little more spicy loving than I am, and told me to get a stuffed pepper, which I ate. And let's just say I felt sick real fast. I told Jesse I felt like I was going to throw up (so grateful it was him on the date cause otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have faked feeling fine and then threw up in the car or something). So we pulled over at a gas station and I threw up. Then I felt better. We went back to my apartment and talked to Madi. I must say that I was the easiest person ever to throw a surprise party for cause I kept saying to Jesse "I want to see Eric!", giving Jesse the opportunity to say "Oh he's at South Seven!", which I was also very excited about cause Larsen and Kendrick and Preston and Erik were also on my list of people to visit so I hurried over! Little did I know all of my favorite people in the world were at South Seven! Who were all a little worried because Jesse called Alise while I was throwing up at a random gas station.

So anyways we walk up to South Seven and I told Jesse I didn't think anyone was there cause it was completely dark and he said "NO GO IN" so I did. Even then it was weird cause I only could see two people standing by the TV and so I thought the boys were just doing weird things in the dark? I'm not sure. Something sketchy. Then the lights came on and there were balloons and streamers and pom pom balls and mustaches and a 'fill Lauren's canteen' jar. And ice cream with chocolate dipped pringles (My roommate knows me well. Salty + sweet combo is the best invention ever)! And best of all like 50 of my favorite friends! South Jordan AND Provo combined! Best thing ever.

Plus I got like 5 notes from people who want to fill my canteen, so that's real nice.

I'm so happy I got to see everyone and hug them and just love them! plus I got some lovely slow dances with some cute boys. And I'm going on a mission in two weeks. I fail to see how my life can get any better than it is right now.

Shout out to Alise Burgess - roommate of the year award. And Jesse Hancock who somehow remained smooth all night even though I was gagging myself in a Maverick.



{all of my favorite south jordan friends! photo courtesy of brittany aurich}

video of the surprise courtesy of brittany aurich. my friends are so great. also ignore how awkward i am when i say "i love you guys". facepalm.

No comments:

Post a Comment