Monday, January 30, 2012

Final days.

I have never blogged as much as I have this week! But I am totally being blessed with the most wonderful and uplifting experiences and I just feel the need to document them so future Lauren can look back and remember how special her last week before the mission was.

Today my mom and I went to 9th ward's meetings. We used to be in 9th ward but then our family and a few others got moved to the 1st. We've missed some of those wonderful people, so it was special to spend time with the people I've grown up with. Bishop stood up in sacrament meeting and said "Sometimes in Stake conferences and general conference they take the time to recognize special guests (when do they do that? I don't know, I love him anyways). I want to recognize Lauren who is here with us today. She's no longer in our ward on our roles but will always be in our ward in our hearts and are so proud of her and her decision to serve a mission." It was so special for me. He is such a great guy, I love him.

Later on all of my family came over on my mom's side and we ate food and gathered together in the living room as the men shared some of their favorite mission experiences. Holy. Cow. Most spiritual and touching experience ever. We were all just crying our eyes out. And if there was one thing I took from it, it was this - it's going to be hard. Really hard. I may never see the results of my labor and it may feel hopeless. But Heavenly Father is real and loves me and everything will turn out. I am so grateful for the men in my life who are such great examples to me.

After our missionary night, I ran over to Shanae's to have a final cake Sunday before I leave. I told Shanae how much I loved when we fondued in high school so she did it for me tonight (love her). I seriously have the best friends in the world. I'm happy that even though we all hang out with different people now, we are still close knit. I, like I did with Alise, told them I'd 'see them tomorrow' and gave quick hugs. I am so bad with goodbyes that this is just how it has to go down. Lying to ourselves. Hopefully all of my dear friends know how much I appreciate them because truly I am one blessed girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment